Putting it all together

I am going to be totally honest and say that none of these exercises alone have done much for me in the last few weeks. That being said, they have been a great learning experience. I have taken parts of each one and incorporated it into something that works for me. I think that for me, I need something that is very calming and simple because my day is so hectic and so very very loud. The down quiet moments of peace are so wonderful. I really like focusing energy on other people that are in my life and I use that part almost like a prayer. It's like a peaceful God talking time.

So- simple is better for me. I know some of you really like to have something specific to focus on to calm your mind but that isn't for me. I find that distracting. Everyone has a different way of dealing with their own mind. Only you can find what works the best for you. I have really enjoyed experimenting and finding out what works and what doesn't. Any me time that I can get is fantastic.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty with the contemplative exercises. Our lives are extremely busy but it is very important to find out what will work for you in order to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Thoughts to Paper . . .

    I think I understand how these exercises may seem to demand too much from one, especially when you have so much on your To Do list already . . . But I think there may be something you could try; like walking meditation. If you're able to take a walk in a pleasant, natural place where you can simply be alone . . . and just try to enjoy the beauty around you. When you find something that especially touches you, rest a while and simply enjoy it. If your mind is racing with all the concerns of your day, simply tell yourself that you are setting these minutes aside for you to simply enjoy just being . . . Then, when you run into something that especially pleases you, for example a fountain, or a river, or even the sprinklers in the park, or the wind in the trees, or the warm sunshine . . . just pause and do nothing but enjoy it. If your thoughts about all the busyness of your daily life crowd in, just let them move aside so that you can enjoy this moment, in the here and now . . . That is meditation . . . If you are not pause your thoughts, that's Ok, just think on some of your favorite verses from the Bible, about God. That also is meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some great points. The busyness of everyday life is always crowding the mind and making it cluttered. It is not always easy to find the time and space to meditate. At least you tried and are still trying to find your way that will work for you. After all, it is about calming the mind, body and spirit to achieve overall health. It is up to you to find that special thing that will get you there. Not everyone will have the same effect with meditation. And not everyone will have the same exercise or practice to get them to that calm and relaxed state.
    Good luck with finding your path that works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts