Universal Loving Kindness and the Integral assessment

Repeating the phrases that reach out to other people is a good centering exercise. I want to believe that that I can really reach out and help other people. At the very least, I know that I am helping myself by feeling more calm and focused while doing the exercise. I can feel my heart rate slow and my breathing becomes more even. My mind is assigned to the feelings of others. That's a good thing in itself.

My integral assessment is a little more tough. I am really proud of the way I am progressing when it comes to other people and helping the world. My life is full of love and I am happy even in the face of stress. My one big downfall is self confidence. I want to be more physically active and lose weight and find a place where I can be happy with myself. My biological flourishing is the most in need. My body and mind need to reach the wholeness feeling together.

I have really been looking into ways to help my body. I think that yoga and eating a more healthy diet of natural foods will be beneficial. I learned that certain foods are mood enhancers as well as being very healthy for the body and that is a great place to put my energy. I am really motivated to reach a good place. I can do this.

Comments

  1. I enjoy reaching out to individuals as well. I am a spiritual individual and if someone is suffering I will pray for that individual. Also this may sound crazy, but if an ambulance goes by with it's lights on I will make the sign of the cross and pray for that individual even when I don't know them. I too am looking for ways to improve myself on a holistic level and I am really finding this class interesting. I also find the exercises beneficial and I would like to start incorporating many of these exercises into my daily life, and possibly start a yoga class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so right in saying that this exercise is meant to center you, and it certainly does that. All too often our lives and our days are so hectic that we regularly forget about ourselves let alone about others Therefore (as you point out) this practice is wonderful for remembering ourselves and the importance of others.

    I really feel thats its a wonderful process that one can go through, that of including such practices into our lives. I keep thinking if only I had the time to practice more, but I guess that will come with time and effort. I just wish there were more hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your post! You did a excellent job. Focusing on the needs of others does allow one to become more focused and centered.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts